Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The conditions of "unconditional" love

I have recently come to understanding that I do not know the love of God as much as I thought I did. Christ died so that I might know the love of God, yes. But even more so Christ died so that God might receive Glory from my life!! In order for Christ to receive glory from my life He must first receive glory from my death. Meaning, if I am not able to experience His Life until I put to death the carnal deeds of this flesh, then I cannot experience His Love until I have put to death my flesh. My knowing the love of God is contingent upon my being baptized into His death. The more I am baptized into His death, sharing in His suffering, the more I know His love.

We must choose between our love for this earthly life( the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life) OR loving not our lives even unto death. You cannot serve to masters. And that which you serve is your master. We must choose this day whom we are going to serve.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the things of the world the love of the Father is not in Him. All that is in the world is not of God, but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. And this is how we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God. "If you love Me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you an other Helper, that He may abide with you forever--the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees Him, nor knows Him; but you know Him, because He dwells with you and will be in you. Then, upon receiving the Helper will we be able to overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. For when we were slaves of sin, we were free in regard to righteousness, but now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, we have fruit unto holiness.

(Rev. 12:11, 1 John 2, 1 John 4, Romans 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment