Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My attempt at improving a dull day...

So, I went to the doctor today. I have lost a pound. Whoo-hoo.*rolls eyes* But as I figured, I have a cold, cough, and that is where I get the headaches. And I had to miss school to have someone tell me this. I missed Friday as well, but 99% of the school missed because they showed up and were told to leave because the electricity was out due to tornados. So it is automatically excused.I finished The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. I think I am about to try and read The Anatomy of a Hybrid, try being the key word. I have been studying for the ACT, but I am having a hard time finding interesting news articles. So far all I have found is about elephants with "self-awareness", a informing yet boring article on Macworld, and in informative article on New Jersey and gay marriage. Then there is your unending supply of Bush-bashing articles, but that is dull, so I move on to entertainment, and all I find is celebrity marriage crises, and their babies. Then there is sports, and I simply could care less about all the basketball, football, and baseball games over the ENTIRE US. So I suffice by reading the weather, and Science stuff, and get my daily quota in. Ok, I need to read up on Esther.

5 comments:

  1. Why dodn't you try searching on google news for articles that would interest you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is that I don't know what would interset me. My dad said that I need to go to The NewYorker if I want to have good articles gramatically, or at least a newspaper that is known for their well written articles, and since I am not reading them for interest, but to improve my "varying sentance structure" then it should not matter if I enjoy the article or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But if you're interested in the article then you'll pay more attention to what it says and how it says it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would think so too, but so far all the articles I havve read are average, I need something that is exceptionally well written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. try modern science magazine. the articles are really interesting & very brainiac-y.

    ReplyDelete