Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Obedience.

I have been thinking about obedience a lot lately, for multiple reasons. It has been said over and over again that to obey is better than to sacrifice.( Yes, I know it is in the bible) Well, to me to obey is to sacrifice. I mean you give of your time, will, or desires to obey God's timing, will, and desire (or your parents). Then when you think about it, Jesus obeyed His Father, that was a sacrifice.

Well that got me thinking. Through one act of disobedience Eve the plane for disobedience was set. She chose to obey the flesh, and that started an avalanche. By one action, millions of people followed whose actions were disobedient How much more would Jesus lifetime of obedient actions set the plane for us as Christians to follow in obedient actions. Even more His one act of obedience should be enough to make us want to follow Him in obedience.
I don't know how well I am saying this, it is all so very very big in my mind, it is hard for me to put it into something so small as words.

Then is says "Most assuredly I say to you, He who believes in me, the works I do, He will do also, and greater works than these WILL he DO. He said Assuredly he will do. WOW. Will we obey?

Just after Jesus says that he says: "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." But that takes obedience. It then says that He will send us a helper- The Spirit of Truth. We would then need to walking in that spirit, following (obeying) what the Spirit tells us to do. What good is an instruction manuel if I don't read it, and DO what it says.

Does that mean that our love for Christ is shown through our obedience of His commands? I would think so.

I have been questioning myself lately, asking God if I am showing my love for Him by obedience? Am I daily sacrificing my will, and walking in His? Am I missing out on opportunities to bring Him glory by not obeying?

No comments:

Post a Comment