Monday, January 1, 2007

Reflections...in no particular order.

A MAJOR event of my year was back in June, when I dont even know what happened except that God pulled a heap of religion out of me, leaving me with a new zeal for Him. This birthed things in me that changed the way I thought, and continue to think. A key point in this time was that I was baptized, with the revelation of the true meaning of baptism.

God is so faithful, and His timing is perfect. This was only about two weeks before we went to the Dominican Republic. That is when I realized how great it is to fellowship with those in the Light. I could have been no happier than to sit and listen and watch as relationships were formed with the two missionaries there, and the other Dominican people.

My relationships were somehow put in the hands of God, and that is when I began to see them grow in massive proportions, and some shrink until nothing was left.

I dont know where to put this...a friend of mine, umm...I had hopes that she would allow Jesus...she left, and it is disturbing to see what people would choose when they know ...umm...you get it...right? God did use this to teach me the basics of discretion...and what it means to find favor.

School...first it was hard making the decision whether or not to graduate this year or not, with the end result being that I am, it has made me see how young I am, and how very, very young I feel. The added pressure has, and is teaching me a lot about what I do with my time, thoughts, and even words. I have had such a great time sharing what I believe, and even giving reports (some of which I will not mention...that was crazy, and I never want to do it again) that I stumbled through all the way, but which had amazing outcome. My faith was greatly increased when I, for the first time that I know of, went through persecution for Christ's sake. It is a great feeling to have someone acknowledge that there is a difference between the Christ in me, and the "Christ"in every other student in the school.

My first job, Winn-Dixie...McDonalds, that transition was fun...yeah, I don't have a nice job in a doctors office, ect. I could really easily get a job in any doctors office, but I would not get a scholarship, which will be really nice when I start college, nor would I be able to work the hours that are suitable to my schooling, so for me, in the situation that I am in right now, it pays the little bills that I have, and leaves enough behind for me to save for college.

God is still working in me as far as my parents are concerned.

My sisters...a lot of people seem to forget that I have five of them. I am slowly loosing the title of annoying little sister, however I seem to be gaining (at least in a few of their eyes) the role of way too religious to be within 500 yards of me, not by my choice, but that of my parents, I would like to get to know my sisters, in a way that may open doors rather than close them...perhaps when I am older, and they realize that I have a mind of my own, and am not just following after mom and pop, then they will be willing to hear what comes out of my mouth, and some of them already see that, and I am grateful for the relationship that is being formed in that.

Friends...God has shown me soooooo much about relationship, and walking in the light. You don't know how grateful I am to have the relationships with you all. I am even now seeing a greater fondness for so many more people, and seeing the relationships blossom. I know I get busy, and don't see a lot of the people I care very dearly for, but I do think about you, and pray for you. Hopefully this next semester will not be quite so ...hectic.

Now for the present, here and now, God is breaking me. But it is a brokenness that I have never experienced before, and the humility is so different, there is such a peace in it all. I have been pouring through the psalms lately, and I found something in chapters 48 to 51. The way that they speak of the holiness, and righteousness of God is so amazing. The way it amplifies His character when talking of the foolish, then way David prays in 51 is so ...beautiful in a way that I cannot comprehend. That this man who has just defiled himself, he is so humble, and he prays with such fervency, but even when in the "pit of despair" he glorifies God with every word, to me it seems like he was not just praising God, but reminding himself of who God is, and what he knows to be true of his savior. He is removing himself from the place where he had lifted himself (an easy thing to do considering he was king) and placing God back where he deserved to be. That is the process leading to sanctification. That is truth, what he stated was facts. "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I SHALL BE whiter than snow' Then he asks to be able to hear joy and gladness, that the bones He had broken would rejoice. That is the joy in brokenness, a spirit that just wants to praise God, for He is Great, and greatly to be praised.

That is good enough for now, I don't feel like typing any more, Oh, I work today from 2-10, and Thursday 5 until closing, and Saturday 8-4 ( I think).

1 comment:

  1. hey im reading i know anyway where did you get the layout

    ReplyDelete