Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sorry it is late..

Ok, so give me a break for not posting anything of any importance for a long time, my life has been just a little hectic lately. But in all this time God has been slowly showing parts of a revelation that I think I just fully got this morning. So here it is:

A few weeks back on a Tuesday night we were worshiping. As I listened to the words of " At the foot of the cross" God opened my eyes to see what the "ashes" (trade my ashes in for beauty) are. I always knew that they were the result of giving your life on the cross, of dying to self. If you think about ashes...They have no idenity really, they all pretty much look the same. The revelation came with the idea that you cannot put ashes back together, that once dead to something it is to be gone, and from that point forward only to be used to bring God glory, mainly meant to be beautiful to Him.

All of this happens at the foot of the cross. That is where, through repentance, we have the opportunity to die to self. The cross is where we die, once dead we become beauty with the remission of our sin, and we ARE TO NEVER GO BACK AGAIN. Where does this power come from, the Holy Spirit and the cross combined. This is a gift from God, and needs to be treated like one, rather that ignored, or set aside. If our earthly father knows how to give good gifts, then how much more does our Father in heaven know how to give a gift, and how much more should that gift be respected and used to accomplish what it was set out to do.

So, if I think about it, how humbly would I approach the cross, knowing that I am to offer myself, in all my putridness, as a gift to God, only to recieve the greatest gift in return, the gift to bring Him glory by living a holy life. When I think about that it just makes me want to run to the cross, and throw myself down, and pour everything I have ever known, every dream, every hope, every thing that even thought about being fleshly over, and just seek the heart, thoughts, hopes, dreams, prayers, and responsibilities of Christ.

Yet with all of this new revelation, what have I done? Nothing...I have wrapped myself into school, work, and life...I have chosen to keep my own gift rather than accept that of my Fathers, and yet I still call myself His daughter. I do believe this is my wake up call, to throw off all selfishness and RUN to the cross, and do exactly a stated above, pour EVERYTHING there, and leave it on one side of the cross, and walk out the other side, in the light of Christ, living as His beauty, walking as His glory, breathing only by His grace and mercy, dwelling in Him every moment of every day.

I would'a, should'a, could'a shared this this morning, but I didn't really get it all, and by the time I did it's not like I can get a word in edge-wise, not that I could have taken us any farther off track than we got anyway, but the timing wasn't right. I love you guys, and I am sorry for not acting in a manner that was in accordance with the revelation that Christ had given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment