Sunday, March 4, 2007

In response to BJ's question...

Yes we ask people, to "Please pull forward and we will bring it out to you in just a moment." The please HAS TO come first otherwise it sounds mean, and we get in trouble, It is hard for me to do that I always say, If you would please..., and they like me, so I get away with it.

If we have the next persons food, and the first persons is not up yet, even if it is like being wrapped up, we pull them forward, or park them ( ask them to pull into one of the first three parking places, and we will bring it right out) . It really depends on the manager. If we pull people, we get more cars per hour, the other day we had 100 cars with 79 seconds time from when the order was taken until the order was paid out meaning each customer generally had their foon in 85-87 seconds after placing it, which is good. We also had 35-40 second KSV time, meaning it only took that long for the ord to be made, which is really good.

I have had maybe two people say no, at which point, I leave the window, and let someone else present their order. One of my friends ha someone fall asleep, like snorring and everything, there was no one behind him, so they let him sleep. He went to show the manager, and after about five minutes, she went, "SIR" really loud, and he jumped, it was funny.


I try my hardest not to be the one bringing things out to the people though, because of when one of the customers threw the water at me. Generally if it is more than like three minutes we throw an apple pie in the bag, it keeps them coming back.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I went to burger king the other day and they asked me to pull ahead and I told them no—I was nice about it, I promise. And they already had someone pulled forward. And they had my food ready before his was. So I don't get the point. I don't know, I've just had bad experience with "pulling forward" so i don't. I've had to wait 20 minutes before going in (which defeats the purpose of going through the drive-through) to find out they forgot abut me. Or gave my order to someone else. And there was a while around the time when I graduated that no matter where i went or what time of day, I was asked to pull forward. So I've discovered that when i say I won't pull forward It gets me my food faster. Even if they hate me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke, we have forgotton someone once, but for a max of five minutes, because we can see if a car is pulled forward. Would you pull forward if I asked you to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I don't care if his food is ready or not. MAKE him pull forward Jordi!!!

    ReplyDelete