Thursday, May 3, 2007

Pondering

It is officially official now, I got my letter from LSU yesterday! I still have to get a few shots, and tests for some disease, but I don't think that will be a problem. I think I just might be a tad bit excited. Just a tad. Now is the time where most people spend weeks pondering on the last 17 years of their life, how quickly it has gone by, the good ole high school years, the driver's licence, first car, and so forth...I think I would rather look at where God wants to take me. I still don't know what I am going to major in. I like English, but I stink at it when it comes to the actual classroom. I love science, Biology and Physics mainly, and am good at math, but would not want to spend the rest of my life figuring numbers. I would enjoy being a general surgeon, you get to cut people open, with out the getting too attached to them part that would come as a nurse. I would also enjoy anything with physics. It is so cool to me that you could figure out exactly where a cherry pit would land if you dropped it out of a car moving 60 mi/hr (if you added a few more knowns to the equation). I suppose that I like it as a result of having a good teacher. I have had a few dreams, but I am not if they came from God, or the pleasure that comes from the though of actually becoming a doctor. I know missions has to work itself in somewhere. I know that my heart is not for America. I pray wholeheartedly for the people here, but I know that my heart is not for them...I just know it. But today and forevermore, I chose to be Jordan Ward, not an aspiring Dr. or Physicist, but a follower of Jesus Christ until the day I die, knowing that if I seek Him first all else will be added unto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment