Monday, October 1, 2007

College

Top 5 things I hate about college:

1.) Computer testing, what is wrong with a good ole' scan tron and #2 pencil?

2.) 5 hours in the Math Lab- once you do your homework, what else is there to do...more homework, I am over halfway done with my homework for the entire semester, and I should be done with the whole semesters homework by the end of the month, maybe...depending on how bored I get in there and how much time I waste staring at the screen while I warm my hands from the freezing cold air.

3.) Atmosphere that is generated by 99.99999999% of the students on campus - and after today I am NEVER picking up a copy of the daily reveille, it was horrible, and I don't need to know about news like that

4.) Rain, chucks aren't very waterproof, and so my feet get soaked, and then I have to sit in freezing cold classrooms for hours which turns my feet into ice cubes.

5.) The amount of hours than are (supposed to be) put into studying ( I don't think I have this part down yet, like I always get it all read, and all my stuff done, but I could be better about it)



Top 2 things I like about college:



1.) My Chemistry teacher sound EXACTLY like Ernie from Sesame Street.

2.) Biology Lab - can't go wrong there ( We have been studying the rate of the reaction of catalysts. I found the effect of varying enzyme sources on the rate of the oxidation of catechol to Benzoquinone by catechol oxidase. We got to use a spectrophotometer, we "trick" it by finding the absorbency of a blank and the switching it to transmittance and inserting the Treatment tubes which then tells us the absorbency of it, which we used to find the concentration and the standard deviation. I learned how to graph my data using Excel. It was REALLY fun!)

This video is SO COOL!!!! Only watch this if you like biology, namely cells...it has won awards and things, a group of people and some students from Harvard put it together, it is really cool.

2 comments:

  1. hey, is there anyway you could send the link to this video in a email to me so i can forward it to my biology II teacher???

    ReplyDelete
  2. (We have been studying the rate of the reaction of catalysts. I found the effect of varying enzyme sources on the rate of the oxidation of catechol to Benzoquinone by catechol oxidase. We got to use a spectrophotometer, we "trick" it by finding the absorbency of a blank and the switching it to transmittance and inserting the Treatment tubes which then tells us the absorbency of it, which we used to find the concentration and the standard deviation. I learned how to graph my data using Excel. It was REALLY fun!)

    huh?

    ReplyDelete