Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Day...

Don't come to McDonalds for like 2 months Bj, that way I will have time to get the order taking process down pat for people like you, and those who prolly talk fast, and get frustrated when they talk fast and I get it wrong, and I have to fix it.

And I don't like any of the food we serve, not a one thing. Maybe the ice cream cone, but now I am sick of it.

And I got put on asembly today, that was interesting, imagine: me make a burger in like 5 seconds, thats never gonna happen. It is supposed to be neat is it not, so why not try to put the mustard and katsup in the middle. I also realized that I HATE tarter sauce, mayonaise, and onions, but I like putting the mayo, tarter, and sipcy chicken sauce on the buns, it is in a tube like caulk, and that is one of my favorite things to do.

And when I make McFlurries I sling ice cream everywhere, and when I make ice cream cone, the look like Buddha sitting on a cone.

And I also burned myself while making grits, I had gotten through the whole process w/o burning anything, then when I was pouring them into the serving container, a drop fell on my wrist / thumb/I don't know what part of my hand. Then directly after that I burned my inner elbow/??? with the biscut pan. So every time I put my hand in the oven mit, it made the burn all hot, and hurt.

And then I washed dishes for like 2 hours, then I nearly fell and broke my neck when I was put on grill, and there was a puddle, and I stepped right in it. My bottom was an inch from tha floor when I caught myself, just in time for no one to see me.

The grossest things I have seen since working @ McDonalds:

1) When we cook meat we scrape the grill, and we have to push it to the side and into a little catching thing, well, that means eggs, chicken, and meat scrappings all get pushed to the side and mixed with all the grease, that comes with it. So you have a bucket of black gooky mess that is added to every day, and just sits in the back.

2) I saw an egg under the dish drying cart, It had been there a LONG, LONG time.

3) A man asked for a sundae cup full of caramel.(gross!!)

4) The stuff they put in a breakfast burrito.( frozen scrambled eggs,(really nasty), frozen bell peppers, and a nasty thing that stinks

A perk to working there, is that when there is something under my nails, all I have to do is wallk to the sink and use its pressure washer like sprayer to clean it out.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh- all i can do is laugh. you could write a book about your day to day life and i would but it a read it b/c the way you put things is just hilarious (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, You're my HERO!!! This is definitely an all time best blog posting... Highly entertaining. I'm at school right now, using one of the computers in the library. It's really hard not to be smiling like an idiot and laughing (out loud)right now... Love ya anyway! ... I'll catcha later. BTW, I'm at my dad's house this next week, (he's out of town) 4 minutes from you!

    ReplyDelete