Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Coat of Arms

Long-term Goal:
Holiness- Jesus said, “ Be ye holy, as I am holy.” That is my goal. Quite simple.
Short-term Goals:
They both come from one verse, I John 1. 5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
This means that it is not enough to believe in God, but you have to walk in the light, and have relationships with other people in the light. It would be easy to be a Christian in a room by myself, but the second you add people it makes it hard.

Accomplished Goals:
The cross is kind of cliché, but it works. It represents salvation, once again cliché, but it is the only thing that I have ever done that is worth repeating. This summer I got saved, I got a revelation of the holiness of God, of how he demands righteousness, how he doesn’t compromise, and I saw the massive monstrosity of my sin, how for years, I thought I was saved, but really I was a sinner who loved my sin and wanted to stay in it. That is why my salvation was such an “accomplishment” you see. For years, since I was 2, I thought I was saved, my parents always told me that I was, I had asked God into my heart, but nothing had really changed. I had developed a lifestyle of hypocrisy. So when I saw that everything I had ever know was a lie, and a cop-out I had to stop. I told God to take the biggest search light he had, and shine it in my heart, and anything that was not pleasing to Him was gone, not by anything I did that I may get glory, but only Him. I experienced true repentance. Repentance is to change the way you think, producing a change in action.

Motto:
I am the vine you are the branches, he who abides in me, and I in him will bear much fruit, for with out God I can do nothing. That sums it all up. The only thing that allows me to bear fruit is God, but I have to do something. I have to die to myself every day, and walk in the light of God by the power of His spirit.


I had a very "interesting" day today, but God is so faithful. So very very faithful, I just love him so much * pinches God's little cheecks*

1 comment:

  1. I will probably be asleep when you get home, But I hope you had a good day. I miss you mah love.. By the time I see you again it will have been 48 hours without seeing you. I want to hear about how your class responded to your testimony, so blog about it, since I won't get to see you. Leave me a voicemail letting me know if there have been any new "developments". I love you my dear sister.. Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete