Saturday, August 18, 2007

My third first day at a new job...

OK, you remember my last post, disregard that. I was aggravated mainly about the schedule, and the fact that my first day at work was looming upon me with little to no notice. Being the new person wasn't that bad considering that there were 7 other people who were there for the first time as well. Good news, I got off early today, better news I don't have to work tomorrow, good news, I am supposed to work every day next week.

Now for the fun stuff:

My first day was great!

Layout:
The registers are in sets of two's... like little sections that allow two people to stand next to each other while working.

Experience:
I chose to get the register next to the old employee, everyone else was too chicken I guess. That was good because I got to help do the more important stuff that the other people missed out on. What made it fun? Well for those of you that liked playing with the kid registers when you were younger, it was just like that but grown up style, and you are working with real money. Way better that Winn-Dixie where you scan it, you get to use the portable type of scanner where you press the button and run it over the bar code, the only other time I got to use one of those was when I volunteered to check-in the returned books at the school library. I loved it!

Friends:
I know one of my new co-workers, we went to middle school together at a tiny school with only 27 people, so I got to know everyone well. It was nice to have someone I knew there, and I made a new friend, Holly, within my first 5 minutes of being there. I also got to know a couple of the old workers, and I exchanged names with all of the new people too. The only hard thing is remembering the names.


Next, I think I am going to remove myself from the Latin waitlist, Spanish is sounding ...alright...? I START SCHOOL IN 213 hours and 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment